Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ever had one of those days?

Ever had one of those days? You know the kind. A day where you wake up in a relatively good mood, the kind where you whistle while you work, the sun is shining, the birds are singing.....and then everything goes sideways.

It started with printing a single sheet of paper. The printout from one of the printers was faded so the same sheet was printed from an alternate printer, which decided not to co-operate with the router. So the print was switched to the large colour printer. Of course that printer decided to act up pulling in too many pages at a time and printing half on one sheet and half on the second sheet.

That's when things really got interesting. Pulling the cartridge out of the front of the printer cascaded a flood of toner all across the carpet. The vacuum was pulled out to clean up the mess.

Then as the toner cartridge was re-inserted, an even greater flood of toner spilled out over the desk and all across the floor. Again the vacuum was hauled out and the desk, drawers and floors were vacuumed. It was at this point that the bag inside broke sending clouds of toner into the air.

Now there was toner all over the floor and inside the vacuum which necessitated using the little sweeper vac to clean up the mess. The broken bag was carefully sealed inside a garbage bag and the inside of the vacuum cleaned out. All of the filters had to be removed washed and replaced.

Then of course the sweeper vac which has a much smaller receptacle had to be taken out to the garage to use the big shop vac to suck out the toner dust. Except... the last time the shop vac was used it was put away full so it had to be cleaned out to have enough suction to do the job.

Finally, 3 hours and a shower later, the page was printed. It almost makes you want to just pull the covers over you head and forget about getting up in the morning.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh no what a day! Tomorrow will be better, I promise!

Ladytats said...

oh my, what an eventful day. you are right, makes you want to start the day all over again.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great day if you wanted toner everywhere, hope tomorrow is better, can't get any worse.
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Technology is wonderful when it works. I hope today is better.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I've often wondered what I would do if I had a business and depended on my computers and printers to work perfectly. Pretty scary. I've discovered that so many things can go wrong!

I sometimes think I can quickly print out a greeting card in a few minutes, and instead it takes hours because of one issue or another.

I don't have toner (and am now glad I don't!) I would have been in tears! But I have had problems that escalate like that!

Sure hope you have a better day!

Madtatter80 said...

Been there done that!

Anonymous said...

As I read this all I could think was - I thought this $*^) only happened to me!

Hope your following days were better!